All too often anticipating the needs of an elderly parent or loved one is overwhelming. One may not be sure where to even begin finding resources or support! We will present the Caregivers Appreciation Luncheon on September 21, 2017. The Luncheon provides caregivers a few hours of respite and an opportunity to meet other caregivers in the community.
Partners in Aging also recognizes one Caregiver of the Year. The nominees exemplify those qualities that make them an exceptional caregiver including but not limited to:
- fostering independence for each senior citizen
- nurturing the spirit of each senior citizen
- treating the senior citizen with dignity and respect
- involving family and friends in care, when appropriate
- promoting the individuality of each senior citizen
- providing a safe environment
- allowing each senior citizen choice of care and lifestyle
It was a pleasure and an honor for Partners in Aging to present the 2016 Caregiver of the Year award to Neil Bojinoff. Neil provides care for both his mother and sister, as well as jumping in and helping out as an extra pair of hands at Hughes Home, Inc., when needed. Thank you so much for all you do. Neil is shown below from left to right with Marcia Roland, Activities Director at Hughes Homes; Marie, Neil’s Mom; and Jennifer, Neil’s wife.
Nominations are now open for the 2017 Caregiver of the Year Award. If you know someone who exemplifies the characteristics above, please complete the Caregiver of the Year Nomination Form and return it by August 15, 2017. Look around you, caregivers are everywhere, they just don’t consider themselves as such.